10. SS3. Night Elf Patrol
Night Elves. Yeah, not the World of Warcraft pin-ups, but these dimunitive predecessors of the Dark Elves hit all the right notes, they speak of an earlier age, stranger, more folksy and weirder fantasy. Although they are earlier, they remind me of Frouds Gelflings from the Dark Crystal and conjour a lot of the early era TSR vibe for me, whilst also being the poster children for Warhammer 1st edition.
The box would make a nice warband but Citadel did not make enough of them for an army. These really are short - more halfling sized than typical Citadel Elves. I think the original Dark Elf Cold One Riders should match up size-wise (they're certainly too small for normal Dark Elves). Also might consider having a go at shortening some of the 3rd Ed plastic regiments Dark Elves to expand the force.
9. DL2 - Ally Morrison's Hobgoblin Warriors
I love me a bit of eastern exoticism in my minis. These are hugely characterful sculpts by Aly Morrison.
8. LW1 - Giak Attack Adventure Set
The combination of Gary Chalks design and the Perrys sculpting is absolutely superb. Unfortunately my painting skills probably won't do them justice. Mint condition please. Then another junk set for conversion so I can make a semi-decent sized Giak warband. Hmm... wonder if they mix well size-wise with Otherworld goblins.
7. LWx - All the other Lone Wolf Figures
6. Pan Tang Infantry
5. C30 AmazonsTekumel flavoured sci-fantasy warrioresses. Along with the Night Elves, these represent the essense of Warhammer to me. Never seen any for sale on eBay that look as crisp as the ones in this photo (3rd Compendium), so have always been a bit put off actually buying them. So as this is my wish list, I'll have the master castings please.
4. White Dwarf Personalities
Who can resist a half naked Ian Livingstone waving his truncheon? But no, there are 4 miniatures that hit the sweet spot. Zlargh and Azaroth, based on Trev Hammonds characters, suitably derranged additions to any chaos warband. And Gobbeldigook and Nibble based on BiL Sedgwicks comic strip. Thing is someone, somewhere, needs to be sculpting the rest of the 'gook crew. The wizard, the gobbo with the top-knot, a hapless hobbit and a dwarf or two.
3. BC4 Mighty Ugezod's Death Commandos
The design of Nick Lunds orcs are phenomenal, but it's not often the sculpting lives up to the concept. These do, pure orcy goodness.
2. DG6 Tom Meier's Zombie Dragon
4 words. Tom. Meier. Zombie. Dragon. Oh Actually, can I have a poster of the John Blanche box cover, and a black t-shirt with the logo on it too? Thank you!